Less than two miles from I-40, Statesville Regional Airport serves our immediate region and provides convenient flight access for many corporations. Because our air space is controlled from Atlanta, our clients save time by receiving landing patterns more quickly than regional airports controlled by Charlotte. Recent airport improvements include:
- Instrument Landing System (ILS) including a Localizer, DME, Glideslope, and MALSR approach lighting for Runway 28. This allows aircraft to land in weather with ceilings as low as 200 feet and visibility at ½ mile.
- GPS approach for Runways 10 and 28, plus a VOR/DME approach off the Barretts Mountain VOR (BZM) at Runway 10.
- Hangar space and tie downs are available to the public.
- Construction of a new terminal with additional parking and ability to accommodate increased visitors and aircraft.
- There is a parallel taxiway along the entire length of the runway to the north and a new south parallel taxiway is planned. The addition of the south parallel taxiway will provide safe and convenient access to each end of the runway from anywhere on the airfield and increase the capacity for landings and takeoffs.